Automation of the onboarding process carried out by the Human Resources Department
Top 3 companies in Romania
A Romanian company requested Fastkets to perform an analysis on the automation of the onboarding process for employees to join the organization. The HR department was overworked due to the multitude of files and requests that had to be managed with each new employee.
For each new employee, it is necessary to prepare certain aspects such as:
- The equipment necessary for the activity to be available from the first day
- The new employee was to have a welcome tour of the company
- The manager to be notified about when the employee is expected to start working in the company
- Notification of approved departments to allow access to applications and systems
- Completing the employee’s file with the necessary documents
The final technical solution for automating this process has been developed in the Microsoft ecosystem as follows:
- Several SharePoint tables (connected with DataVerse) have been created to store the data needed for each department involved in the process.
- The automation of the entire process is done entirely at the cloud level, using Power Automate in data processing, sending notifications to departments, updating the necessary updates for each department, sending reminders established in accordance with internal SLAs.
- For easier communication between departments on each activity, specific forms have been created using Microsoft Forms.
The main benefit of process automation was maximizing efficiency in each department, transparency of the process for all parties involved, a complete overview of the process stages with indicators set for each stage and the elimination of repetitive tasks in the human resources department. allocated directly to employees and their needs.