1. What are cookies?
The cookie is a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user from which the Internet is accessed. The cookie is installed through the request issued by a web server to a browser (eg: Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is completely “passive” (does not contain software programs, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user’s hard drive) .
2. Cookies can be of two types:
• Session cookies – these are temporarily stored in the cookie folder of the web browser so that it remembers them until the user leaves the respective website or closes the browser window (eg: when logging in/out on a webmail account or on social networks).
• Persistent cookies – these are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device (and generally depend on the lifetime of the cookie). Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is visiting at the time
• known as ‘third party cookies’ (cookies placed by third parties) – which can be used anonymously to remember a user’s interests, so that the most relevant advertising is delivered to users. They remain on the user’s terminal for a period defined by the cookie parameters or until they are manually deleted by the user.
3. The role of cookies
These files make it possible to recognize the user’s terminal and present the content in a relevant way, adapted to the user’s preferences. Cookies provide users with a pleasant browsing experience and support the efforts of SC Fastkets SRL to provide comfortable services to users. They are also used in the preparation of aggregate anonymous statistics that help us understand how a user benefits from our web pages, allowing us to improve their structure and content, excluding the personal identification of the user.
4. The role of cookies in our company
• Site performance cookies
• Visitor analysis cookies
• Cookies for geotargetting
• Registration cookies
• Cookies for advertising
• Advertising provider cookies
• These cookies may come from the following third party: Google Analytics
5. The cookie and personal data
6. Deleting cookies
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari
• Microsoft Cookies guide
• All About Cookies